Sweet Girls!

Sweet Girls!
Halle Kate loves her new sister!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nanchang Day 4- People's Park & Porcelain Street















We went to People's Park at just about naptime so Anna Claire is looking a little sleepy! And she is riding in a stroller for the first time since we have been here!





























We started our morning with doing some skype with the family, the usual breakfast buffet & a nap because we aren't sleeping the greatest at times! Not because of Anna Claire; just due to the time change and these beds that are like boards! Really! Then we met up with our group in the afternoon to go to People's Park. This park was really beautiful and the weather was perfect outside. It also had an small amusement park inside as well. We saw people playing and having a great time. We however helped some of the locals have some of their fun while in the park. The local people are drawn to us for several reasons. One is that we have this gorgeous baby, but I think because we are "so white" as they like to say. We drew a crowd several times, but one time in particular was really funny. We were stopped by this lady who said I had a beautiful face like my baby and they keep saying how young I look. (I love these people! If I only I could sell them some make-up!) Anyway, they wanted to guess my age and so they said 20 years old and I told them 33 and they were shocked. So then Steve thought he would try his luck and they only missed his age by 3 years. He wasn't as thrilled with the guess that they made for him. It was really funny!! We had many fun experiences throughout the walk in the park including all the older Chinese women telling our guide that we once again did not have enough clothes on our babies. These babies could be pouring with sweat, but if they don't have 5 or 6 layers of clothes on they think babies are cold.
















We then loaded up and moved on to Porcelain Street which is what Nanchang is known for. Nanchang is the Provincial City of the Province that Anna Claire was born in so we really wanted to get some things for her made of porcelain. We ended up getting her 2 tea sets. They are small; one is a blue and white (which it the traditional looking porcelain of China) and the other one has one hundred baby girls on it and it is hand painted. We feel like this would be a special gift for her to have as a keepsake when she grows up.






























This is one of the other ladies traveling with our group, Susan and her baby Lily. Also Al is traveling with her to help her with her bags and things since she is single. He is a retired man who likes to travel so he came to see China and help her some too.
















This is the store where we bought the tea sets!

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I have enjoyed seeing all the sites of Nanchang again. It is so wonderful to see another YiFeng baby coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you. We will continue to pray for you. She is so beautiful. I wish I could kiss those squishy cheeks!!! I can't wait to see her dimples!

    ReplyDelete