
Anna Claire just a few days after arriving home!

She loves her new sister

For weeks, I thought, would we ever be normal feeling again? By 4:00 in the afternoon each day I was miserable and Steve was too! After about 3 weeks it had subsided, but it was a process that I don't know if I can handle again anytime soon! I was beginning to think that I would feel this way forever but my Granny assured me I would feel normal again. Despair set in some days because I thought that I could not go on!!! The stress of having 2 babies was hard especially during the first few weeks when we were so tired. But the joy was there too as we would see the girls get to know each other. And as Anna Claire became more and more comfortable with each passing day!

Anna Claire playing in her highchair with her new toys!

Easter Sunday

Anna Claire in her Asian style dress for Easter!

Halle Kate kisses her Daddy while he tries to take his Easter Sunday nap!

What pretty girls!

Mimi sent money to the girls for Easter so we got them matching dresses & glasses!

My sweet baby girl!

Papa & Mimi came to visit so they could meet their new grandbaby, Anna Claire!

Steve's thoughts: I had already missed 2 Sundays by being in China so I was back playing the bass on the worship team within 2 days of being back. It was tough but I pulled through. Then the next week was VERY busy at church because it was not only the week before Easter but it was going to be our first Sunday in our new auditorium. Fortunately, God is faithful and things actually went pretty well that Sunday. It was going to be hard not to have Stacy at church on Easter so she came late with both of the girls. It was Anna Claire's first service at the Vineyard! Many people got to see her in person for the first time. We were so proud of both of our girls. Life did not slow down at work for a while because there were several kinks to work out with the new building, especially with the sound. But I survived even though we were still recovering from the trip. I personally had some emotional upheaval having to go back to work and leave my precious new little daughter that I had become very attached to after being with her constantly for over 2 weeks. But everything worked out eventually and we all started to get adjusted to our new family life.
No comments:
Post a Comment